1. Juneteenth - Still fairly a new Federal Holiday for the masses, but the weekend does provide (as intended) a reminder of our nation's history. Nothing wrong with that. I still don't get those who are bothered and bent out of shape by the recognition.
2. FDA Drug to Slow Down Alzheimer's Disease - This is big news. Actually, HUGE news. Sure, we all know the pill will be difficult to acquire - the American Healthcare system isn't perfect - but progress toward this mental disease is welcomed.
3. Omega vs Ospreay II - Quick pro wrestling "up" this week - if you haven't seen Omega vs. Ospreay II from AEA Forbidden Door, please go see it. Those two stamped a love letter to the art and soul of pro wrestling.
1. Titanic Submarine - The entire story was random and interesting yet super catastrophic. Especially so, from a human standpoint. For me, I couldn't get past the thought of sitting so close to the other individuals - face-to-face- and knowing that you were about to die.
1a. Update Titanic Memes - I think the Titanic story has grown beyond tragedy into comedy because of Hollywood. However, the memes and jokes about the deaths of this "related Titanic vessel" that will be historically connected to it felt too soon.
2. U.S. Math and Reading Scores - Scary. Math and Reading scores among 13-year-olds have dropped to their lowest levels in decades. Sure, we can blame horrible texting culture and social media, and yes, the habit of having calculators on you at all times - but this feels like so much more. Have we focused on culture wars in our schools so much that we've forgotten the basics?
3. U.S. Pedestrians Killed - We're at an all-time high for pedestrian deaths in the country. Reckless driving is ruling the country. This is an interesting read, especially when solutions are within reach.
Russian Coup - Wagner Fighters - This story was wild. It feels like our society doesn't get international news all that much (especially with recent news cuts). But it felt important enough, especially considering Russia, Ukraine, and EVERYTHING else happening. Unfortunately, the coup was called off, but it felt like Putin's stronghold - even if just for a moment - on the country was fragile.
Omega hits Ospreay with a v-trigger mid-match.