1. Debt Limit Bill - As admitted over the past few weeks, I'm not even going to pretend I fully understand the scope of the situation. I get the basics, and why it's crucial - check that - super important. Good to see our government can get things done without lashing out against one another.
2. Dev Shah - I'm always in awe of the students participating in the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Shout out to Dev (super cool name) Shah from Largo Florida who won the entire thing.
3. Added Jobs to the Economy - We keep anticipating a downturn in the economy, yet the wacky job market, as crazy as it is, added almost 400K jobs. That's, well, good, right?
1. 16-Year-Old Death in India - A 16-year-old girl was stabbed and bludgeoned to death by her boyfriend - in full view of bystanders and pedestrians. Not one said or did anything. The unfortunate story has drawn ire and attention to India and its approach to violence towards women. Ugh, super sad.
2. YouTube False Claims Check - Google has decided to no longer take down false claims about U.S. Elections in uploaded videos. The fact-checking is nice, but without the warning, I can't imagine the political space improving.
3. Presidential Race - Christine is in. Pence is in. Why does it feel like the EXACT SAME cast chasing the Presidency for the past decade?
Dev Shah, 14, crowned US National Spelling Bee champion | Reuters
Leah Millis - Reuters