1. Father's Day - Sending good vibes and wishes to many fathers who do so much and sacrifice so much for their children, and others. Let's also celebrate the legacies of those who did and are no longer with us.
2. Illinois Prohibits Book Ban - I thought this was so cool. I'm outright against banning books. I find the whole entire deal to be ridiculous considering the books that are being targeted. There is an element of education we are losing in our country. Just my take. Good for Illinois.
3. Food Delivery Minimum Wage - This was a small story that grew on me in ponder. The topic of salary and wage discussion is a much layered one for a response of a few simple sentences here. However, if you know or have seen any of these food delivery workers, you know how insanely valuable they are to NYC. They are worth the $17+ per hour bill that was just passed. Some might say they risk their lives the way they bike in NYC traffic. I'm for it.
1. I95 Highway Collapse - This was scary and a complete referendum on some of the work needed on our infrastructure around the country. I'm just glad everyone is okay.
2. Armed Rebels in Uganda - It's unfortunate news like this rarely makes in into our mainstream media the way it does internationally. An ISIL-linked armed group rushed a Ugandan school and massacred 42 people. So sad.
3. Ja Morant - Morant will get 25 games for his actions. The suspension will likely cost the superstar about $50 Million. More importantly, it raises a small discussion that will surely bubble to the surface as the NBA becomes dominated by international players - are our athletes prepared for this stage? Are we failing them?
Nikola Jokic of the Denver Nuggets celebrates with his daughter Ognjena after a 94–89 victory against the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the 2023 NBA Finals to win the NBA Championship at Ball Arena in Denver, Colorado, on June 12, 2023.
Matthew Stockman / Getty