1. NYC Marathon - Marathons will forever fascinate me. Also, of interest is the NYC marathon which always brings the city together. Kudos to all who raced today. I still can't wrap my mind around running 26.2 miles.
1a. Tamirat Tola & Hellen Obiri - Tola, the men's winner, set a new course record! Obiri made it interesting down the stretch and battled for the win. Again, just fascinating.
2. Texas Rangers - The Rangers are finally World Series Champions. What got me was that post on social media showing an elder gentleman, and surely a longtime Rangers fan moved to tears on the final out. That's real fandom. That's what it's all about. Loved it.
3. Halloween - I never cared much for Halloween until my son came around. I'm not sure at the core, that I still do. But experiencing it with him, that's awesome.
1. Republic of Congo - While the world focuses on Gaza, and loses its grip on Ukraine, it barely holds focus on the atrocities that are happening in the Republic of Congo. Nearly 7 million people have been displaced as the nation is being overrun by armed groups seeking the nation's minerals and natural resources.
2. Sam Bankman-Fried - I still don't quite understand the rise of FTX, and the levels of fraud that was allowed to happen - well, up until this point.
3. Campus Climates - Across America, we are seeing the Israel-Palestinaian conflict take its toll on college campuses. From donors to student protests to calls for action for institutions to divest in whichever area or side there is, we've all lost a sense of discourse and educational freedom in the wake of protest and activism. There is room for the two. Unfortunately, the current climate doesn't allow for dialogue or learning. Just my take.
Kenya's Hellen Obiri celebrates winning the 52nd Edition of the New York City Marathon on Nov. 5, 2023.
Timothy A. Clary, AFP Via Getty Images