1. Healthcare Debt Removed from Credit Score - This is a small win in a direction that just seems, well...reasonable. Healthcare is expensive and not exactly the fault of an individual's ability to handle their finances responsibly. The subtle change (with restrictions) is a nice addition that ought to help many battling health issues, yet not derail their entire personal life.
2. Alyssa Thompson - The teenage phenom comes off gaining some International play but becoming the first overall pick in the NWSL. Thompson's future is SO bright, and this should be part of that narrative when we marvel at her journey.
3. Ozone Layer Recovery - For years, as a kid, I remember hearing that "we were constantly damaging the Ozone layer". Many thanks to Captain Planet and the Planeteers for that insight. I'm glad to see there has been some progress there.
1. Brazil Democracy - It's a shame to see politicians around the world pull from our history with sentiments of "rigged elections" and "attempted coups". Brazil is in upheaval with similar sights of Brazilians running all over congress. What a world...
2. Airline Industry - What a mess it's been, huh?
3. 6-Year-Old Shoots Teacher - Ugh. What a disaster we've become in gun safety. Six-year-olds now carrying and shooting their teacher...
1. Biden Classified Documents - Ummmm, yeah. That can't look good.
Supporters of far-right former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro hold a demonstration at the Esplanada dos Ministerios in Brasilia on January 8, 2023. Brazilian police used tear gas to repel hundreds of Bolsonaro's supporters after they stormed onto Congress grounds one week after President Luis Inacio Lula da Silva's inauguration.