1. Emmett Till Monument - This is pretty cool. The story of Emmett Till is still one of the most raw examples of this nation's history, and of course, one we have not come to grips with. Till should be honored, and more so, a monument that immortalizes the tragedy that defines so much of our ugly past.
2. Lionel Messi Debut - Messi is just a megastar. The impact is already seen on the expansion InterMiami has been amazing. Even more amazing? Messi's storybook debut included a game-winning goal. Because, well, of course. A great sports moment this year.
3. Barbie Weekend - Look, I don't quite understand the phenomenon of the film. However, Barbie has always been empowering for women. The film set a North American debut for a female director. So fitting. Congrats to Greta Gerwig.
1. Extreme Weather - The world continues to be HOT. Like, everywhere is just, HOT. Rising temperatures and odd weather patterns - are very concerning. Arizona is in the midst of 19 straight days of triple digits! Stay cool y'all.
2. Florida's Black History Standards - Look, I try not to discuss Florida, its governor, and everything happening there in regard to policy, very often. But the idea we are now teaching that individuals benefitted from enslavement is just wild. Absolutely, wild. I really do feel for young people gaining an education in Florida.
3. Carlee Russell - This is just an unfortunate situation. So many black girls are already disregarded in the system when it comes to missing people. Now, throw this into the mix to help give future black girls a chance. Throw the book at her.
A woman cools off at Fontana della Barcaccia at the Spanish Steps in Rome. Most of Italy's major cities were put on red alert, meaning the extreme heat carries a health risk to everybody, not just vulnerable groups.