1. Yusef Salaam - I'm always in amazement at the grace and resilience of the men known as the Central Park Five. Taking that respect up another notch is Salaam who recently won the Democratic primary in Harlem to represent the New York City Council. The entire story of the Central Park Five will go down as one of the most remarkable and fascinating situations in American history. So much to unpack.
2. Leqembi Drug - The US Food and Drug Administration gave FULL approval to the Alzheimer's drug, Leqembi, this week. The drug is the first medicine proven to slow the course of memory-robbing disease. That's great news, and for this guy, hits home. Here's to hoping it works wonders.
3. Threads Socials Platform - 30 million downloads in a few hours. Twitter feels like it's on the back end of what will make for a crazy documentary. At the same time, how many different avenues do we need to connect?
1. Earth Climate - We saw THE hottest day on Earth in 125,000 years. Every summer, it feels like we're in this space of saying crazy statements like that. But here we are...
2. Man Defaces Colosseum - So someone defaced the Colosseum in Rome by etching his name into its surface, then honestly dared to claim he didn't know it was a historical site?! Where are we as human beings? Seriously. What some are willing to do for internet clout is sad.
3. Cocaine at the White House - One of the craziest stories of the week. Enter your Hunter Biden joke here. Also, we're not naive to think this stuff isn't around the White House, no? And let's say it isn't - I'll play along - how does it get in?
Kids jump off a breakwater into the ocean ahead of the Fourth of July holiday in Gloucester, Massachusetts, on July 3, 2023.