1. Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Captured - The break in this case feels like something out of a Law and Order episode. Nonetheless, this gets the top spot for the sheer perspective of some break and information (maybe closure?) for the families of the loved ones who perished without answers.
2. Wimbledon Winners - Alcaraz did the thing and went through Novak Djokovic to win his first major at 20 years old. Marketa Vondrousova became the Major's first unseeded champion. Both, VERY impressive.
3. Sabrina Ionescu - 37 Points! The greatest three-point shooting display for a three-point competition round in either the WNBA or NBA. I've been a big fan of Ionescu, and super happy the WNBA gets some love this week via her accomplishment.
1. Extreme Weather - Floods and Heat everywhere. It seems like we're all suffering from one of the two, and some, both. Some crazy stuff going on.
2. Hollywood Entertainment - SAG-AFTRA now joins the Writers Guild on the picket line against Studios, the industry, the machine - all of it. If the economy hasn't felt like it's cooling off, the domino effect of Hollywood going dark for the foreseeable future has 18-24 month effects.
3. Bank of America - Like, can banks just do this? I mean, they did and got caught. But, like, creating fake accounts? Illegal fees? WHAT?!
Liberty guard Sabrina Ionescu competes Friday in the WNBA All-Star 3-point contest in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Review-Journal via the Associated Press