1. Thanksgiving Weekend - Sure, the origins date back to Pilgrims taking land from Native Americans, but hey, our entire nation is based around such things, no? Regardless of it's history, the weekend of being thankful is still a good one for those understanding and realizing how blessed they are. It's a time for good reflection, and of course, a great mental break from everyday life.
2. North Korea Escape - Can you imagine your heart rate in attempting to make your run for freedom from North Korea? Now, can you imagine the relief and joy in actually making it? Those soldiers who took their shot at the border (for essentially their lives) are some insanely courageous individuals.
3. College Basketball - I've watched way too much college basketball this holiday weekend. But, as stated above, I'm thankful for it - especially, for those who don't really care for football, like myself. Much thanks to Phil Knight and the PK80 tournament.
1. Egypt Terrorism - Horrific. Absolutely horrific. The number of deaths is staggering and so heartbreaking.
2. Net Neutrality - Keeping it short, the idea of doing away with this is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I don't want websites to bundled the way cable television currently works. Regulating pathways for internet is just ridiculous. Because, that is also stupid. Really, this whole idea is stupid.
3. Privacy of Malia Obama - I wish the ethics of letting Malia live her life, make dumb decisions, and find herself without the media jumping all over can be a really option, but unfortunately, it is not. Whoever posted the video of her "blowing circles" and making out with a guy in the parking lot needs to get a life. Just my opinion. Let the girl live. And by the way, can we not politicize her life as well?