1. Nike Serena Williams Ad - Baseball gets a lot of criticism for it's relationship with the best player in it's game, but that is nothing - NOTHING - compared to what the sport of tennis continues to do to one of it's greats in Serena Williams. The recent "cat suit" ban is a joke. And yes, the ban is racist, sexist, and super elitist. Nonetheless, in classic Nike fashion - no pun intended - the response ad in support of Williams was absolutely fantastic.
2. Welcome Week on Campuses - As a student affairs practitioner, I'm upon that week where we welcome incoming students to the higher education experience. Some have already gone through it. Regardless, much love to my fellow SA-ers, my colleagues, and friends out there during this period. Keep doing the great things on campus that you do!
3. Big 3 - In it's second year, the BIG 3 season this year was so much fun. And the recent title game was just that as well. I got a chance to really dive into the BIG 3 once my son was born and of course, he kept me up all hours of the night. Thanks to FS1 replays, I got to see why it's such an entertaining league and I'm now a fan. Ice Cube is quite the visionary, and it should be interesting to see where the league grows as bigger names continue to head back to the court.
1. Life of John McCain - Hard to not show anything but love for the life of McCain, a man who stood for something until the very end. Not many like him left in Washington, and sadly, not many Republicans like who who still value moral and just conservative values.
2. Jacksonville Mass Shooting - Ugh. Enough. Please. When does this stop?
3. Urban Meyer Suspension - His suspension was a joke. His reasoning was even more so of a joke. Wouldn't want a guy with the morality code of openly knowing a family friend is being beaten by a coaching staff member and not report it. Classic football culture.