1. Greta Thunberg - Other than being blind by party politics, how can you not be impressed by this young girl who made a plea for responsibility towards our climate from the world's leaders? So much props to this girl.
2. Pete Alonso and Justin Verlander - Pete Alonso smashed the rookie Home Run record and Justin Verlander continues to make me feel terrible about the Yankees not pursuing him when the Tigers made him available a couple of years ago. Hats off to both on breaking records and achieving milestones in their respective careers.
3. MLB Farewells - There is just something about baseball that makes send-offs and the end of the season emotional. The farewells for several managers and a few players this week was touching stuff. Only in baseball.
1. Sikh Police Officer Killed - It's amazing that even when you're doing amazing things legally, the evil that is racism and discrimination can still dip into such goodness. My heart goes out to this officer who did what America claims it asks from immigrants.
2. NYPD Officer Killed - It was a rough week for officers as an NYPD Officer was killed here in NYC after getting into a tussle with a kid. So sad.
3. Impeachment - This gets a down not because of political ties, but because even in impeachment discussions, it seems many of our leaders and the people of our nation cannot come play the party card, rather than what is acceptable (or unacceptable) for a sitting President. Putting my feelings aside for the current President, I've never experienced in my lifetime our nation being so divided. It truly is amazing (and frightening).