1. Washington Nationals - Despite my humble bragging about correctly predicting the Nationals winning the World Series, I'm still genuinely shocked that there the team left standing at the end of the baseball season. Regardless, congrats to the Nationals who finally pulled through and destroyed many bumps, curses, and whatevers to win the World Series.
2. NYC Marathon - I know a few people who ran this year's NYC Marathon and I'm impressed by everyone who did so. Running 26.2 miles anywhere, nonetheless on the pavement and inclines that is the NYC course - I don't even know where to begin...
3. NCAA Payments - The NCAA finally caved and will allow student-athletes the ability earn revenue from their own likeness. While the rules aren't clear as of yet how this will work, and that it is obvious the NCAA is doing this for various reason to keep their product competitive in the market, I'm happy to see justice prevail here. Far too many kids are taken advantage of through this current system.
1. Global Unrest - The entire world is up in arms in protests, civil unrest, and governmental disapproval. It's an interesting time in history as various nations are looking to their government for more, especially in terms of equity. However, it earns the down as with such unrest comes violence, and the ugliness that is exposed from these regimes around the world.
2. California Wildfires - The wildfires rage on and the people of California are vulnerable to their livelihoods going up in smoke. Even more of a "Down" is the state of California using inmates to help fight the fires. The irony? Most of these men and women can't even professionally apply for such a career following their sentence. SMH.
3. Keystone Pipeline - Many of the indiginous people who had their land taken for this pipeline warned us - the pipeline was will leak. And here we are...the pipeline is leaking.