1. Patrick Mahomes - Mahomes just became that dude in North American sports. A 10 year, $503M extension with the Kansas City Chiefs would do that - the biggest contract in team sports history. If there is a player to get that type of deal in today's sports landscape, it would be a 24-year-old who is the best in the game at what he does coming off of a championship. Get that money, man.
2. Lewis Hamilton - Formula 1's only black driver not only won this past weekend in Austria, but he took the podium and made his stance for black lives with a powerful fist supporting by his colleagues and circuit personnel. Motorsports have done so much for the cause - more so than some leagues with predominantly black athletes involved. Go figure.
3. Event Administrators - This one might seem a bit out of nowhere, but I'm throwing some major love to the many who are planning, coordinating, and executing the events, "bubbles" and various logistics just to make sports work in our current landscape. It's not an easy job when things are "normal", I can't even imagine what it is like during these times.
1. Coronavirus - The United States continues to rage on with this virus, once again setting records for positive cases for a day. Meanwhile, various countries are reopening - for real - and returning to a new sense of life. It's so disappointing, and of course, so us.
2. Gun Violence in Chicago - I'll be the first one to acknowledge that the violence in Chicago continues to be heartbreaking and needs to stop. Also yes, it becomes rhetoric that feeds those skeptical of BLM.
3. Education Outlook - From ICE and their ban on international students to Betsy DeVos and her inability to lead education (no guidelines on reopening?!), American education took a huge hit this week. Of course, it's self-inflicted. DeVos is the worst.
1. Roger Stone Commutation - Law and Order, huh?