1. Ruth Bader Ginsburg - There aren't words that I could place here to capture, justify, or represent RBG's life and influence. Or really, what hasn't been said already. She was pretty awesome. It's so, so, so imperative that we pick up her work and continue to push forward.
2. Bam Adebayo - That block! Man, that block! It had me out of my couch when it happened. The courage, the guts - loved everything about it. Major kudos to Adebayo!
3. Target Super Hero - Sometimes, there comes a moment when something captures the America you want to live in. THIS is that moment. Whoever that dude is, that is a representation of MY America.
1. Experiments on Refugees - The "hysterectomies" happening in detention centers are inhumane. Mostly, embarrassing that our country is engaging in this, and really, turning an eye. SMH.
2. 1776 Commission Edict - Besides the fact that "patriotic education" sounds all kinds of sketchy and well, fascist - the idea that there is always a rebuttal to anything that progresses black lives is troubling. The move countering the 1619 project by the New York Times is uncreative, and really, does less to solve the problem than it does to continue this head-in-the-sand approach to our country's origins and United States history.
3. $12M Settlement for Family of Breonna Taylor - The city of Lousiville, Kentucky prefers to pay $12M in settlement money than arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor. Wow.
Life on Venus - Just when 2020 couldn't get any weirder, now, there could possibly be life on Venus - Venus!!