1. COVID Vaccine Hope - We've been hearing about "vaccines" for months. Now, it seems like there are many that are legit - like, for reals-for reals. I'm not ready to jump into the pool of imagining life without COVID - or a vaccine for the virus, but it is a bit welcoming to hear that some type of relief or hope is possible and not simply political garbage.
2. RBG Memorial - Unfortunately, 2020 gave us another memorial, but yet, another beautiful one. Silver linings, I suppose. Of course, Ginsburg was the first woman to lie inside of the U.S. Capitol - of course, so fitting. For me, it was her trainer doing the pushups by her casket. That was awesome.
3. NBA Overlooked Praise - I say it all the time - we appoint "superstars" in the NBA too often and too premature without them actually accomplishing something - sometimes anything. Thanks day time sports TV! Other times, we miss it. That's where Jimmy Butler and his leadership have the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals. Put some respect on that man's name! NO one had them getting to this point. Not one analyst or "expert" stated Butler was "that kind of player". SMH.
By the way, LeBron James is BACK in yet another NBA Finals - his 10th, and 9th in ten years. We all just need to shut up with the comparisons and the clear hate and appreciate everything this dude is accomplishing.
1. Black Women Respect - Look, the Breonna Taylor decision this week was a joke. I can't add anything to what has already been said to the ruling, the payout, and so much more. However, for me, this week was about focusing in on black women in this country, and the hurt they carry and continue to experience. The sheer lack of respect sending the message that their bodies can perish without any reasoning, reckoning, or ramifications is absurd. I also just hurt for all the little black girls across the country who were dealt a harsh blow to their innocence of the world, and their place in it.
2. Coronavirus - While a vaccine appears closer to becoming a reality, the virus doesn't care. Cases are once again surging (is it the second-wave?) and sadly, we've now surpassed 200,000 deaths. 200,000!
3. Supreme Court Justice Nomination - I'll just say this - how about we wait and vet someone correctly? Ruth Bader Ginsburg hasn't even been lowered into the ground and we've already had pressers nominating her replacement.
1. Trump Federal Tax - This whole article blew my mind. Like, what?! I'm so invested in where this goes, and seriously, what the President has to say about this.