1. Memorial Day Weekend - There are a lot of people who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. It's more than a three-day weekend, or the unofficial start to summer - take some time and appreciate the many lives given to be where we are.
2. Tina Turner - An absolute favorite of mine, Turner leaves us with nothing but awesome songs, memories, and a vibe and energy that was unmatched.
3. Debt Limit Deal - Well, one week later and I think I understand the entire debt limit stuff. Nonetheless, we're giving it an "Up" as it's settled. Crisis averted? Go America.
1. Target Rescinds Pride - Our society has become ridiculous. After conservatives railed liberals for "cancel culture", the right has doubled down with threats at Target regarding their Pride Month displays. All of this follows a Bud Light ban. We've officially become a country where we all cancel what we don't like. So much for discourse.
2. Catholic Church in Illinois - No wonder Americans are moving away from faith. The Catholic Church has so much to repair ahead of them. Is anyone seeking out a Catholic Church for faith/conversion? I'm genuinely curious.
Regardless, the story is awful. Everyone involved should be locked away.
3. Scottie Pippen - It's so sad to see the members of that team. Six championships, and it feels like they just don't like one another.
Pippen sounds bitter. Even worse, why say all of this? Why now?
David Loesch, a Vietnam War veteran, wipes rainwater from a soldier's name on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC. Samuel Corum/Getty Images