1. Rock and Roll Inductees - Congrats to a few more names who made their way into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this week. The Hall continues to its direction of some unorthodox inductees (is Rock and Roll dead?), but regardless of that debate, you can't deny the quality of artists getting the nod.
2. Bad Bunny - Yo, this dude had concerts, made appearances, participated in the Met Gala, and then on Saturday night performed at WWE's Backlash in his hometown of Puerto Rico in what was an absolute banger. Bad Bunny is immensely talented. Also happy to see him break through so many barriers as a non-English singing artist.
3. NBA on TNT - It's already public knowledge, but giving this crew some love again, especially during the playoffs. They remain the absolute pinnacle of in-studio sports television. The complete opposite of the trainwreck that is ESPN's coverage.
1. Dallas Mall Shooting - We're so desensitized. All of it, is so immensely heartbreaking. WHY?!
2. Jordan Neely - Whatever your thoughts are on Neely and his death on an NYC train, it's hard for me to understand how we've gotten to a place where the death of a human being is politicized for morality.
We're absolutely lost as a society in some measures.
3. Nursing Shortage - This is scary. It's a trend that has actually been going on BEFORE COVID and continues to accelerate. We see this in other areas such as teachers and police enforcement.
1. King's Coronation - No need to reiterate this - but I find no relevancy in this stuff. I'm genuinely shocked at those who do.
2. Artificial Intelligence - It's absolutely scary what we're seeing in this field. To the point of President Biden gathered some of Big Tech's most powerful people to confront them. I recently watched a student of mine write a 10-page paper in 45 minutes...and yes, she didn't necessarily learn much.
3. Writer's Strike - I'm with the writers. They make so much of these shows go.
After teaming up for a tag team win at WrestleMania two years ago, Bad Bunny and Damian Priest attempt to tear each other to shreds in a San Juan Street Fight in Puerto Rico.