1. Released Hostages in Gaza - In the midst of everything that is going on in Israel, it's paramount to have the people of Gaza escape, and be allowed to retreat for safety. This week, a few more hostages were released. In a horrific situation, we'll take this as a positive (as much as a positive can be).
2. U.S. Economy - Remember when inflation and the economy dominated the U.S. mainstream news cycle? As of this week, the economy grew 4.9% in the third quarter, showing substantial job growth.
3. Taylor Swift - I know...aren't we tired of Taylor? While Taylor disrupts your NFL season, she also re-released her 1989 album which has dominated the charts and streams, once again proving what we already know in regards to her star power. Who else can release albums with even more anticipation?
1. Maine Mass Shooting - Another mass shooting...(cue, "this is America" song, by Childish Gambino). I feel for the families who simply went about their business and were gunned down.
1a. Maine Manhunt - I can't even imagine the areas of Maine that were on a literal lockdown due to the mass shooter being on the loose. That is insanely scary.
2. NYPD Tow Truck Kills Boy - The story that broke my heart this weekend.
3. Matthew Perry Death - I was never a Friends enthusiast, but I understood Perry's comedic cadence that actually set a tone for so many others. His death is also just another reminder of the vulnerability of life...no matter how much money you have.
A woman holding a girl reacts after Israeli airstrikes hit the neighborhood of Ridwan in Gaza City
Ali Jadallah/Anadolu Agency/Anadolu/Getty Images