1. Science and Research - Look, I'm not trying to get into any debates or start trouble with this selection. I'm just giving props to the men and women who continue to develop these vaccines - and now approved booster shots - that help fight off this terrible virus that has plagued over the past 18 months. Some countries still don't have an option when it comes to vaccines - we're onto booster shots, and can "choose". Perspective and privilege are needed sometimes.
2. Col. Wang Yaping - Give it up to Yaping who in six weeks will become the first Chinese woman to walk in space. OF course, she is receiving tons of backlash from the media - but hey, did we expect anything else?
3. Atlanta Braves - 88 wins. The Braves were the LAST team I expected to make any noise of the ten teams who made the postseason. So much kudos to the Braves for revamping their outfield TWICE this season after injuries, especially after losing the tremendous Ronald Acuna Jr.
BTW - the tomahawk and chant are still so cringy.
1. Supply Chain Issues - Well, the stimulus payments have stopped and the unemployment well is shut off - and there are still tons of opened positions in the labor market, most notably for drivers, operators, and those that keep the supply chain moving. It's not great news, especially with the economy depending on the upcoming Holidays, but it is also such an intriguing dilemma.
2. Haiti - Wrapped in absolute turmoil, the country is now overridden with gangs and kidnappings, including the story making headlines of 17 missionaries held for a $17M ransom.
3. Onions w/ Salmonella in 37 States - Onions are not good, ya'll. I recently had to skip having them on a burger order. The outbreak is pretty serious, and now, very vast. Be aware!
A protester takes a selfie in front of a burning barricade in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
AP Photo/Joseph Odelyn