1. COVID Boosters - Look, I'm not getting into vaccinations and whatnot...I'm over the discussion for 2021. However, I still find it remarkable that we not only have vaccinations for what we experienced not too long ago, but further science to help the cause.
2. MLB Covers Minors Housing - This was a long time coming. Say what you want about the changes to the minor leagues (reduction of franchises - some even closing), but the improvement of the pipeline is soooooooooo crucial if the sport is serious about improving its diversity and inclusion efforts, as well as attracting (and competing for) top talent. Plus, it's just the right thing to do.
3. Randy Orton - The longtime WWE wrestler did something that probably won't be broken - Orton competed in his 177th pay-per-view match tonight at the Survivor Series. I may not watch much of the WWE's product anymore, or as of late, but this is a pretty sweet feat. Congrats to Orton on the longevity and excellence.
1. Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict - I said my thoughts here.
2. 9-Year-Old Boy Dies - This story absolutely crushed me this week. Once you allow your emotions to get by the idea that a nine-year-old had his life snuffed out at this concert, you immediately wonder why is a nine-year-old at a Travis Scott concert? It's such low-hanging fruit. But the focus is, the life lost, and a family now without their nine-year-old. Ugh...
3. Inflation - Everything is expensive. What the heck, Biden?
1. Justice for Arbery - I really am anxious about this verdict. How can they not find the McMichaels guilty? How?!
2. Opioid Crisis - 100,000 people over the last year from an opioid overdose. What are we doing as a nation?
1. Where is Peng Shuai? - This story is all sorts of wacky. But I'm just learning about it and well, wow. China, yo. The worst.
People feed seagulls from a boat in the Yamuna river on a smoggy morning in New Delhi, India, on November 18, 2021. #
Navesh Chitrakar / Reuters