1. Infrastructure Bill - Well, after waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and...waiting - the Infrastructure Bill was passed by the house and is expected to be signed into law this coming week. The bill has bi-partisan support - nice to see both sides playing nice. It's also nice to see these issues finally addressed.
2. U.S. Opens to International Travelers - Whatever your thoughts have been, are, or will be on the COVID pandemic, it doesn't matter as it really is heartwarming to see so many reunited because of international borders, COVID, and everything else that has happened over the past 18 months.
3. Tik Tok Hand Signal Rescues Missing Girl - This story is just wild. Social media may have its proven drawbacks because we've abused it - but it's stories like this that have made it invaluable in real life.
1. Kyle Rittenhouse Cross-Examination - I spent my commutes home from work following this case, especially the day in which Kyle Rittenhouse took the stand. The entire ordeal made me uncomfortable. From the crying, the judge's protection of him, and the obvious lying/back-and-forth stories Rittenhouse answered with, the privilege on display is just stunning...and obvious.
2. Ahmaud Arbery Case - See everything above on the Rittenhouse trial. Also, what's with the defense lawyer trying to get a mistrial? The poor mother of Ahmaud Arbery - keep her in your prayers.
3. Hike in Medicare Premiums - So yeah, we not only have to deal with a rise in basic needs because of a lousy supply chain, but now we have a hike in Medicare premiums because of the pandemic. There HAS to be a better way to provide national healthcare, no?
Lorena Hernandez hugs her daughter Oralia Perez for the first time since March 2020, after the U.S. reopened its border for people vaccinated against COVID-19, in El Paso, Texas, on November 8, 2021.