1. Adonis Lattimore - Winning a state championship in any sport is difficult. How about winning a state championship in wrestling? Oh! And how about doing so with no legs?! Yeah, that happened. The story of Adonis Lattimore is tremendous - I really can't give it justice. Please seek it out and of course, check out the video of him competing. I love these stories to remind us of the power of the human spirit.
2. NBA All-Star Weekend - Yeah, that dunk contest was bad (but hey, kudos to the sole representative of my Knicks, Obi Toppin, on the win - go figure). However, the NBA put on a super entertaining weekend highlighted by the NBA 75 Players ceremony. And oh yeah! - there was everything that was Steph Curry doing unreal things in shooting a basketball during the All-Star Game.BTW - Yes, I'm all about that MJ and Lebron photo - the GOATS, man!!! Can we stop pitting them against each other in stupid debates and just appreciate them both? Especially, LeBron who doesn't have many years left.
3. Teen EMTs in Sacketts Harbor, NY - These teens saw a shortage of EMTs in their area following the height of COVID and became EMTs to help their town. Such a badass move by these individuals. Selfless. Amazing. Inspiring.
1. Ukraine/Russia - So yah, this situation isn't looking too good. Actually, EVERYTHING about this developing situation doesn't look too good.
2. Kamilia Valieva's Camp - Nothing much to say here - this 15-year-old gets the "down" for doping - BUT she still was given the opportunity to compete for a medal. While Valieva is surely old enough to know she did wrong here, I'm putting the blame on the adults around here - they should know better.
2A. International Olympic Committee - They let her skate - with complete eligibility for a medal. Shame on the IOC.
3. COVID Canda Protests - Remember when we thought our neighbors to the North were to be envied? I'm moving to Canada! As of late, Canada is a country in turmoil surrounding COVID mandates. When some of the names from our media (ahem FOX New pundits) begin showing support, you know everything has gone crazy.
1 Bad Judgement
1. Juwan Howard & Greg Gard - After watching the video from their incident, I'm appalled at the two head coaches and their staff who ignited this ugly situation. They should know better. They are the adults in the room at that point. Just a bad job. Such a terrible look.
LeBron James greets Michael Jordan after the halftime ceremony.
David Richard, USA TODAY Sports