1. Alix Dorsainvil - An ongoing story that reminded us even the nicest of people who are genuinely trying to do good in this world have to navigate the enormous evil within it. Dorsanvil, an American nurse in Haiti to help, along with her daughter were held captive for almost two weeks. This week, we all received the good news that she was released.
2. 50 Years of Hip Hop - Ahhhh what a year of buildup to the celebration that has been 50 years of hip hop. Thanks so much to a style of music that evolved into a way of live and culture that has influenced so much within our society.
3. Eras Tour Impact - Taylor Swift's Eras tour has been assessed has having the same amount of economic impact as the Olympics. Absolutely insane. Swift reaches new heights in her stardom, and the tour isn't over!
1. Hawaii Wildfires - Absolutely heartbreaking to see the images and the fallout from Hawaii regarding these wildfires. So many have lost their homes, livelihood, and loved ones. Absolutely devastating...
1a. Extreme Weather - This topics has been in the "down" spot too often this summer, but we can't ignore it. Beyond the chaos in Hawaii, it feels like wildfires are ALL over the world right now.
2. Foiled Assasination of Zelensky - In a story that made headlines but quickly slipped through our awareness, Ukraine foiled a plot to assassinate their leader. Everything in the Ukraine and Russia feels like we've become desensitized due to the length of this conflict. Yet, still, so many suffer.
3. Baltimore Orioles - In a more less-serious "down", The Orioles found a way to embarrass themselves in a successful year by suspending their announcer, Brown, for well...offering facts. SMH. Shame on the Orioles organization. More specifically, their leadership.
Honolulu Fire Department responders work in Lahaina.
Go Nakamura/The New York Times/Redux