1. Coco Gauf & Novak Djokovic - The US Open wrapped up this weekend and tennis crowned some deserving champions. Djokovic continues to add to a remarkable career with his 24th (!!) grand slam title win. And of course, Coco Gauff won over America with her win. It's impressive to see the effect that the Williams sisters have had on tennis - wow. Looking forward to seeing the star Gauff will become.
2. Olivia Rodrigo - Her first album was fire. Even this late-thirties male enjoyed it. The sophomore album is always the toughest and Rodrigo apparently (haven't listened to it myself, yet) dropped an absolute banger in "Guts". So much so, that it broke records for debut stream with over 60 million streams!
3. Deion Sanders - There's way to much dialogue around Sanders that isn't needed. Here is what it boils down to for me - Sanders took over a program that was 1-11. He brought in 80+ players. His team is currently 2-0, including victories over a ranked opponent and an arch-rival. His school is one of the biggest stories in sports, and he has celebrities showing up in Boulder, Colorado for games. All in one year. That's unprecedented. That's leadership. That's influence.
Give Prime his due.
1. Morocco Earthquake - So incredibly heartbreaking. I honestly don't have many words. The photos I've viewed hit me harder than the details. Currently, there are 2K+ deaths. This life is so fragile.
2. Hurricane Idalia - Mother Nature is flexing her strength as Hurricane Idalia slammed Florida this week, destroying lives in so many ways. If that wasn't enough, Hurricane Lee is out there gaining strength and bracing for the Southern United States once again.
3. Fugitive Danelo Cavalcante - No matter how many times I read the story of his escape, it feels like some sitcom or television movie. He really escaped by simply crab-walking out of the place? Nonetheless, here is to hoping he's captured, as he's considered highly dangerous.
A resident navigates through the rubble in Marrakech, Morocco.
Fadel Senna/AFP/Getty Images