1. Continued Cease Fire - Sure, this won't last long and likely won't mean much once this all picks back up. But for a few days - even if JUST for a few days - it's good to see an agreed to cease-fire to get hostages out and innocent lives evacuated. The whole thing - all of it - still sucks.
2. Sandra Day O'Connor - We lost the first female Supreme Court Justice this week in SDO. Her accomplishments are worth celebrating and learning about.
3. Mark Cuban - Cuban sold his ownership of the Dallas Mavericks this week, which was disappointing - Cuban always made for a very cool owner. Then I learned he made $2B+ off the sale after originally paying $285M for the team. Cuban retains basketball operation rights as well. Not bad.
1. Christmas in Bethlehem - Christian Palestinians announced that Christmas ceremonies and celebrations in Bethlehem (and around Gaza) would be canceled due to the war (obviously). I don't know, that just felt so wrong, and so sad - of course, on top of everything else happening there. No Christmas.
2. Shooting of Vermont Students - If the war and the entire conflict weren't terrible enough, we've got people here stateside taking matters into their own ignorant hands as three Palestinian students were shot this week at the University of Vermont.
3. FSU Not Included in CFP - I don't understand college football other than it's purpose for money. I don't. Make this all make sense how winless teams are denied and one-loss teams are put in because of projection. So what's the point of playing?
People watch the 91st lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in New York City on November 29, 2023.