1. Terror Plot Foiled - It sort of flew under the radar this week...but the thought of a 16-year-old boy plotting a terror attack is exemplary of where we are in this world right now. Ugh... Thank God for the authorities who foiled this plot.
2. Declan Lopez - She is a 6-year-old genius! That's all that needs to be said. Definitely give this one a read. Imagine having a genius in your household...as if kids aren't sassy enough. This one is smarter than you, and it's proven. Such a cool story.
3. Shohei Ohtani - My guy just went out and got $700M. Unbelievable. Still doesn't seem real. Even better? He deferred so much of it to help the team out, and ultimately, ensured an awesome retirement plan. Applause all around for possibly the new face of baseball.
1. Las Vegas Shootings - Another day in America, another discussion on mass shootings and gun policy. SMH.
2. Drug Shortages - If getting prescription drugs in this country wasn't difficult enough due to prices, now, there is an actual shortage of them. Big Pharma always finds a way, and it's hard to root for these corporations when innocent people suffer.
3. Tennessee Tornadoes - Keep the many in Tennessee in your prayers right now. So many people are devastated after tornadoes ripped through middle Tennessee this week.
Law enforcement officers head into UNLV campus after reports of an active shooter in Las Vegas, Nevada, December 6.
Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun