1. Djokovic and Pannetta - After what has been an outstanding U.S. Open, both Novak Djokovic and Flavia Pannetta walked away with the mens and womens crowns. The tournament had many storylines among the great play that supported it, and these two are well deserving after it all.
2. Toronto Blue Jays - Earning an "up" again are the Blue Jays who came into New York with a big series against my Yankees and pretty much dropped the hammer on them. The wins pretty much give the Blue Jays a commanding lead in the AL East.
3. Pluto Picture - The newest pictures of Pluto show mountains and dunes and so much more regarding the far away planet (is it still considered a planet? I don't know anymore). The new pictures are really interesting, as is all new exploration in space.
1. James Blake Arrest - This story is great evidence of the aggressive nature cops take when it comes to men of color. Even former pro tennis player, James Blake, was the victim of aggressive police action when he was slammed to the ground and cuffed out of no where here in NYC. Making matters worse is the fact that it was by a cop who has been tabbed for aggressive actions already. Not a good look for the police, who can't afford more of these negative stories.
2. Kim Davis - I wrote about Davis earlier this week (Believers Are Out of Line When it Comes to Kim Davis), so I'll leave my opinions there for you to read. Kim Davis should not be praised for her actions. Not then. Not now. Not ever. We need to stop being sensitive and making everything a political agenda.
3. Miss America - Beauty pageants need to end. Seriously, are we as a culture still doing this whole evening gown, talent, answer question non-sense? I believe more women can gain more from Ronda Rousey than these fake and rehearsed "contestants" who do nothing more than further stereotypes. Just my opinion.
1. Right to Die - I touched base on this in the 2014 Year in Review when Brittany Maynard won the DP Person of the Year award. I'm not completely sure where I stand on this position as it really is a huge gray area in so many ways. But it is interesting to see California pass this law. Should be interesting moving forward.
1 Who Cares?
1. Floyd Mayweather - Who dared order this fight? Mayweather is an extremely gifted boxer, but you just have to be disappointed in the way he chose to end his career. I don't think anyone cared about his 49th win which should have been a big deal in tying Rocky Marciano's record. Instead, it's "who cares?". Typical Mayweather.