1. Google Commercial - I'm not sure why I liked this commercial so much. Maybe it's because Home Alone is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I'm not much for re-makes, but at times, a great nod (especially when done right) to a classic film is always welcomed.
2. Christmas Miracle - With Christmas right around the corner, I'm all about feel good stories, and of course, stories that emphasizes the Christmas spirit. In the midst of all the Christmas craziness, THIS STORY about a woman being taken off of life support is very up-lifting. It's a Christmas Miracle!
3. NFL's "Slave" Mentality - Of course, LeBron may have put his foot in his mouth later on this week, but he wasn't wrong about the description of the NFL owners. What's crazy is that CC Sabathia has alluded to this previously on his own podcast. Many athletes outside of the NFL question the NFL's culture and overall treatment of the players, not to mention, the "good ol boys club" that runs it all.
1. Indonesia Tsunami - It's very unfortunate to hear the news of the Tsunami that devastated Indonesia this weekend. Such natural disasters can of course be damaging, but only having ten minutes to prepare just sounds all sorts of awful, especially in imagining the destruction and panic it caused. God speed to all in Indonesia, especially during the holidays.
2. Cutting Dreadlocks - Listen yo, this story just drove me crazy. Of course, first from the initial post on social media made to make the student sound heroic in overcoming a minor thing, to the obvious in how blatantly racist this was in action. Just a small sample of what people of color have to endure in America. Of course, kudos to that kid who persevered in a moment that is certainly life altering. And shame on all of the adults there who let that incident happen with pushing back.
3. Government Shutdown - What a disaster. It's the holidays so I won't let it work me up. But here we are with our government out of work, and our President pushing for funding a pointless vanity project in a border wall.
1 Eye Roll
1. Bill Ballou HOF Vote - I knew it for years. Someone wouldn't vote for Mariano Rivera for some ridiculous reason. And here it is in the most ridiculous sports article you may ever read.