1. COVID Vaccine Researchers - I know...there is a lot of information (and hope, and speculation, and non-truths) being thrown around regarding vaccinations and remedies for COVID-19. However, with a few hopeful going to testing this week, I did find myself thinking about the work researchers, lab technicians, and so many more are engaging in around the world to literally, save the world. Thank you.
2. KBO Baseball - Baseball is baseball. And watching the Korean league has been really fun. Especially the bat flips - the bat flips!!! Also, is it just me, or wouldn't it make sense for ESPN to rebroadcast the LIVE games at 7PM daily. I'm just saying...better than reruns of the World Series of Poker. Don't come at me, poker enthusiasts.
3. Little Richard/Andre Harrell - The world continues to cry...and we lost two good ones that were not just great at what they do, but huge influencers in their art form. Regardless, I am placing them in the "Up" for their life's efforts, and all of the awesomeness they left behind.
1. Ahmaud Arbery - So sad, so crazy. This is America.
2. Fight Against Sioux Tribe - Let me get this straight - Governor Kristi Noem wants the Cheyenne River Souix Tribe to take down checkpoints that are preventing the COVID virus from entering their reservation. Tell me how this is a bad thing? And honestly, if you're an indigenous person living on YOUR land, given the historical context in play here, would you trust the government, or anyone bringing diseases onto your reservation? This one seems more complicated than it needs to be, no?
3. COVID Second Wave - The chatter about this second wave of the Coronavirus has begun to arise, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around what that means or feels like. Even after 8 weeks of this new normal.