1. Medical Professionals - It's been a while...and even during that break from giving these folks the top spot to share other "Up" news, they STILL were saving lives. Kudos to the true heroes around the world.
2. Trey Mancini - It was shocking to hear about the cancer diagnosis of Trey Mancini of the Orioles. 2020 has been one giant messed up year. Regardless, what gets the up is Mancini's amazing piece in one of my favorite websites on the web - The Players Tribune. Give it a read.
PS - the latest collection towards Michael Jordan is just as amazing.
3. Small Business Supporters - The wife and I purchased takeout from one of our favorite restaurants here in Brooklyn. The family owners, who I've gotten to chat with over the years, explained to me in detail not only the struggles he is facing during this time, but also the gratitude he has for loyal customers. Of course, my heart went out to him. If you can, definitely, go out and support your local and community small businesses. There are a lot of good folks who do so much who are now struggling.
1. "Social Distancing" - Yes, the weather is getting better. And yes, it seems we've seen the worst of the virus - at least where I reside here in NYC. However, the slow eroding of the urgency and obedience to stay at home measures is becoming worrisome. I'm not looking to spend another few weeks in quarantine because some people need to layout on the grass in a park.
2. (Hypocritical) Protests - Speaking of annoyances, how about these folks who are rushing state buildings and clashing with police? Of course, I have to say it - are we STILL a "country of law and order"? Are we still valuing "Blue Lives Matter" during this time? Did any of these police officers "fear for their lives" the way they do in "other scenarios"?
Or heck, I'll just say it - can you imagine if those protesters were black?
3. Murder Hornets - 2020 continues to just give us the works. First, the Cornovirus. Then, UFOs. Now, Bees that will kill you. 2020...oh, 2020.
1 Awesome Tweet
Marc Lamont Hill - This dude won the internet for the week. Maybe, the month.
So they’re “good people” when they show up to the state house with guns, but @Kaepernick7 was a “son of a bitch” for protesting State violence. If 6 weeks of staying home justifies their anger, how angry should we be about centuries of Black death? https://t.co/kGPUqBReZR— Marc Lamont Hill (@marclamonthill) May 1, 2020