1. Awesome Mexican Teacher - This was easily the best thing I came across all week. Only identified as "Nay", this teacher travels to the houses of Autistic children and uses the flatbed of her pickup truck for instruction during thess pandemic times. In the midst of everything going on...this is the kind of humanity than needs to shine through. Because it's awesome.
2. Kamala Harris VP Selection - All of the politics out the of the equation for a second - it's pretty cool to see a woman of color selected on the VP ticket of a Presidential candidate. It's also even more awesome that she doesn't have ties to the typical institutions and Universities we've come to expect. Kamala is sure to ignite a voting base that hasn't been motivated in a long time. With that said...regardless of who you care about - please vote! More on that in a bit...
3. Phoenix Suns Introductions - We're in a time of super creativity and the Suns Game Management staff deserves all of the kudos for having the friends, family, and super staff virtually introduce the starting lineups in their last game in the bubble. It was a super cool moment and a nice touch for players who haven't seen loved ones in a few weeks.
1. Voting Opportunity - I'm phrasing this as "voting opportunity" because what we're seeing happen with the attack on the USPS, most accurately, every American's voting ability, is one of the saddest things I've seen in my lifetime. Why any government wouldn't invest to make sure EVERYONE has the opportunity to vote and of course, ensure that mail-in voting works (you know, during a pandemic) rather than cut it all together is frightening and leads to the theory of us living in a false democracy. Again, we're at a point where now we're messing with the opportunity to vote as a strategy to win an election, rather than making your claim to be President.
2. College Football - I'll say these two things about college football - 1. I wish we had the enthusiasm and urgency to wear masks as we've had in our efforts as a nation to make sure the college football season occurred. And 2. It says so much about how our country has handled this pandemic when we get a few conferences declining to play this Fall, and a few moving forward with the season, and both sides citing safety guidelines as the main reason for their decision.
3. Greece - Say what you want about immigration policy, but leading men, women, and children - CHILDREN! - out to sea at the border of international waters and leaving them there on boats to fend for themselves is some sick stuff. Do better Greece. Much better.
1. Mental Health - In the deep, deep, deep shadows of all of the world's craziness is the hurt and mental health of so many. 25% with suicidal thoughts is frightening. Just scary.
1. Belarus - Keep an eye on what is happening in Belarus.