1. Sex Trafficking - This didn't get much play in the national news - you know, Coronavirus, economy, social unrest, take your pick - but, it definitely deserves plenty of attention. early 50 children were recovered in what is to be believed a child trafficking ring in Georgia. Tremendous news for those children, and a clear reminder of how many young lives we lose to the cracks in the system - and life.
2. Milwaukee Bucks - All of the boycotts throughout sports this week were interesting to see. But let's give props to the Milwaukee Bucks who started it all. IT's always easy to follow, but taking the first step takes courage, and the Bucks surely reminded the sports world of the power that lies with the athletes.
3. Chadwick Boseman - The story is amazing to hear - how Boseman continued to carry on with terminal cancer. It's an understatement to mention how much Boseman will be missed because of his roll in Black Panther - a symbolic movie for black people everywhere. 2020 continues to rage on with the bad news, but the contribution of Boseman for the hope of little black boys and girls will live on forever.
1. 17 Year Older Shooter - Unacceptable. To see a seventeen-year-old cross state lines with a gun to engage in the continued divide of this country is deeply concerning about where we are as a country.
2. "Law and Order"? - Hearing the comments of some that the seventeen-year-old shooter took "law and order into his own hands" is just more rhetoric and where we are as a country. But then again, "Law and order".
3. Hurricane Laura - The strength and effects of Hurricane Laura have left some devastation after it visited. Some areas are not due to have power back for up to eight weeks. As always, be sure to keep those in your prayers.