1. Coronavirus Vaccine? - It's here...sort of. Regardless of the semantics, the announcement of a vaccine produced by Phizer that is 90% effective - Flu Shots are 40-60% effective!! - has some serious promise. As the virus hits a second wave here in the Fall, the news coming from big Pharma is starting to make this pandemic feel like it's in the 4th quarter. Regardless, don't be stupid - wear your mask.
2. Michelle Ng - THE first female General Manager in baseball! I just love it. Let's forget that Ng has tons of experience and success throughout her career and has only been given this opportunity at 52 when farrrrrrrrrr more white males with less have been given GM opportunities as early as in their late twenties. No, no, I won't remind you of the inequalities that are at play here. I'm just happy Ng is given her opportunity, and that baseball is progressing forward - something it always struggles with.
3. Chris Nikic - You want an inspiring story? How about Chris Nikic, a Special Olympics athlete who became the first person with down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon competition. Yeahhhhhh, that's awesome.
1. Coronavirus Record Cases - It is getting awful again. Especially so, in the Midwest. Please, please, please continue to wash your hands and wear a mask. It's so simple. Please.
2. Army Helicopter Crash - Such a heartbreaking story of the five servicemen who perished this week due to a technical issue. Such a horrific story, and of course, so many thoughts with their families right now. It's a sobering story as while we're over here challenging the status of an election, there are many overseas still fighting for such a concept to be available.
3. US Presidential Transition - Look, I won't go into President Trump's recent challenge of the US election. However, the idea that this President is playing golf more frequently and getting legal teams together while the nation continues to suffer under the crushing heel of a national pandemic is head-scratching. I'm not even talking about his transition or post-election pandemic, but his urgency that mirrors a child in school in the month of June is so worrisome and disappointing.
1. Pushup Punishments - Major kudos to authorities in Indonesia who have been using pushups (and other forms for the disabled persons) as a form of punishment for those caught not wearing masks. Such a win-win for curbing practices of not wearing masks, keeping everyone fit, and of course, taking money out of the situation.
2. Hail Mary Catch - Even this non-to-casual-football fan could appreciate that hail mary pass from Kyle Murray to Deandre Hopkins.
1. Veterans Day - Post-Veterans Day wishes to all who have served this nation.