1. Jim Finch - In the top spot is non-other than this story of Jim Finch. The selfless dude drove from Maryland to Kentucky with a bunch of food and a grill to help serve the people devastated by the recent tornadoes. Yo, that's just big-time kindness right there.
2. Steph Curry - Well, Curry is now (officially) the greatest shooter of all time. Curry passed Ray Allen this week with two quick three-pointers to tie and eventually break the record against my New York Knicks.
I had some quick thoughts this week on appreciating Curry.
3. Bell Hooks - Hooks (or, her real name of Gloria Watkins) unfortunately passed away this week at the age of 69. Hooks lands in the "up" spot because of the appreciation of her work - and really, if you didn't know about it, you should check it out. Tremendous writer.
1. Omicron & Delta (COVID) - Well, here. We. Go. Omicron is here and is ravaging your favorite sports league, running wild throughout your city, town, or community, and is disrupting the Holiday season. Shutdowns, cancellations, and strict mandates are once again here. Ugh. Stay safe out there y'all.
2. January 6th Information - We all knew January 6th wasn't happenstance. This week, some of the information behind it all became public, specifically, texts from various individuals who knew, yet, portrayed another truth.
I don't care about political parties. I do think we deserve to know the FULL story from what happened on January 6th.
3. Racist Louisiana Judge - Not only was this Louisiana Judge caught on camera using the word "nigger" as freely as someone who is comfortable in doing so, but it reaffirms the distrust already in play with the keepers of our justice system. If you are a person of color who was sentenced to prison by Michelle Odinet, what must be running through your mind these days?
1. Sen. Manchin Declines BBB Support - Well, this just seems odd and unfortunate. But all of the promises in the Build Back Better plan just felt too good to be true. Why can't we have nice things?! WHY?!!!!
But seriously though, I think Manchin owes the people of West Virginia an explanation, whom he represents, as well as the rest of the country. There is plenty in the bill that does good and moves this country forward.
People register for Covid-19 vaccinations at Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital. South Africa’s seven-day rolling average of daily new cases has risen over the past two weeks from 7.60 new cases in every 100,000 people to 32.71 new cases in every 100,000