1. Mothers - Mothers day is such a hard thing to wrap your mind around. On one end, it's nice to honor the women who make so many things happen in homes worldwide. However, on the other end, they deserve so much more than just one day. Either way, much love and praise to the good mothers out there. Your work is incomparable.
2. New York Rangers - It's rare that hockey takes over this city, but the Rangers are on the verge of this, especially after a dramatic Game 6 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Added to the story is the emotional sidebar of Martin St. Louis, who recently lost his mother, and played inspiringly to will the Rangers to force a Game 7.
3. PlayStation 4 - Recently bought one along with MLB The Show 14 and it's one of the best things ever. Seriously, ever. I love PlayStation 4.
1. Kidnapped Nigerian Girls - There are times when stories like this are happening and our media decides to cover other pointless "news" which makes me so angry. However, while I still feel this way, the situation of those Nigerian girls being held captive is the main focus and not our country's idiotic focus. Here is to hoping all of those girls are released, and that we can find those who are doing such evil deeds and bring them to justice.
2. Michael Sam Coverage - I'm happy for Michael Sam and his ability to live life without fear and discrimination. But come on, the coverage of a seventh round pick is rather ridiculous. We want equality, yet, there are cameras following him prior to his selection? Again, other than being a gay football player, why else would this be big news? And isn't the idea to get beyond him being, you know, a gay football player?
3. Brian McCann - The new high-priced and fiery catcher for the Yankees was projected to be the new heart and soul of the club. While still VERY early, his struggling play is beginning to show and is making many worry about the goods purchased.