411. If you could be on the cover of any magazine next month, which magazine would you want it to be, and what would the caption say?
Athletics Business Journal - "Hardest Working Man in Collegiate Athletics"
A the very least, it's my motivation as a professional to someday make that be true.
412. If everything in the world had to have the same color, what scent would you want it to be?
Grey (or Gray). The color seems like a neutral one that ends disputes and also doesn't start them. Just imagine if we were all, well, the same shade of grey? How would racism fit into that?
413. If you could give your parents one gift, what would you give them?
A new house - all paid for - in the Caribbean, specifically their home, St. Vincent, where they can go during the winter months here in New York City.
I know that's my hope for retirement.
414. If you were to receive one honorary degree in your lifetime, which university would you prefer, and for what accomplishment?
New York University. Being Awesome.
Although, it would be nice to receive one from Cazenovia College, my Alma mater, also for simply being awesome.
415. If you could have given one speech in history, which one would you pick?
I'm inclined to say the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech. However, despite the brilliant rhetoric, Dr. King's voice and flair brought that speech to a whole new level. His "I've been to the Mountain Top" is also another favorite of mine. Again, I wouldn't do it justice.
With that said, I would love to deliver the halftime speech from "Coach Gaines" in Friday Night Lights (the movie). My last speech given to the Cazenovia College class of 2007 was based on that very speech. You can check it out here.
416. If you could physically strike one person from your past (that you didn't), who would you hit, and where?
Hahaha, oh this is a good one. I would pick this one kid that would frequently seek me out when he came on my block, when he saw me around the neighborhood, or even when he saw me in school. He would rip on me with no boundaries. My clothes, my appearance, everything was in play. Lucky for him, I have thick skin.
Until this very day, I still have no idea what his issue was with me. Maybe there was a part of him that was probably jealous that I was better at a few sports than he was. I really was. But yeah, truth be told, it would've been nice to slug, no no...the pro wrestling fan in me says whack him in the back with a steel chair. Yup. That would do.
417. If you had to die from something other than old age, how would you prefer to go?
Is it possible to die from happiness? Seriously speaking, how grim is this question? I guess I will say in my sleep. Seems like the least painful way to go, but then again, who knows? Just as long as I'm with Jesus on the other side of it.
418. If you could have the entire wardrobe of any one television character, from the show they're on, whose clothes would you want?
Oh so easy - Harvey Spector, from the USA Network's, Suits. I absolutely love that show.
419. If you had to choose he worst work experience you've ever had, what would you pick?
Working in public finance. I learned a lot from it, but I hated the industry, the people in it, their morals and ethics, and everything about it. I enjoyed working in retail and interning more than I did that gig. That was a rough two years, especially during a time when I thought I would never make it into an athletic department.
420. If you could cancel forever a single thing you have to do every day other than your job, what would it be?
First thing that comes to mind is wash dishes. Having some of the daily household chores would be ideal.