1. Firefighters in Australia - The job of a firefighter is a courageous one already as is within your local communities and city. Yet, in tackling the massive catastrophe that has been the Australian fire - not to mention those who have boarded planes and traveled to the ravaged continent - has raised my respect for the profession and those who do so everyday. So much respect to those of you who serve.
2. 6 Year-old Standing Ovation - This is such a heartwarming story. In the midst of a tough week (more on that below), it is gems like this that are hidden in our news cycle that serve as a reminder that there are plenty of great things happening everday.
3. Harry and Meghan - This is pretty cool in an interesting sort of way. I've never understood the fascination with the "royal" family, especially in that of their weddings and children announcements. This exit is interesting, and is just a reminder of the perils of fame. I wish them all the best.
1. Ukrainian Passenger Jet - Senseless and Sad. Opposite of the good above, the destruction of this airliner killing 167 people for senseless political purposes is head shaking and heartbreaking. Downed by a mistake of a missile is not acceptable in any way.
2. Australian Fires - Already touched upon, the fires continuing to rage in Australia are shocking in the amount of devastation. 17.9 million acres have already been burnt - larger that area of countries such as Denmark and Belgium combined. Some of the stories of wildlife being destroyed is just tough to read - just an all around crazy situation.
3. Puerto Rico Earthquake - If the world hadn't seen enough this week, Puerto Rico, still recovering from hurricane Maria, suffered an earthquake once again, suffering massive damage, loss of life, and power outage on the island.