1. Yankees/Steinbrenner Education Foundation - Following the horrific situation of the two NYPD officers who were slain this weekend, it was reported that the New York Yankees, due to a foundation set up years ago, will foot the college bill for the children of the officers. Great stuff for families who must be completely distraught right now.
2. USA-Cuba Relationship - We learned this week that the two countries who have long been at a stand still are now open to continuing relationships moving forward. When (or if) the embargo will be lifted is yet to be determined, but this is a first step.
3. Canadian Stranger Wold Trip - After booking a flight for his now ex-girlfriend, instead of letting the ticket go to waste, a Canadian man put out an add for any fellow Canadian who shares the same name to join him - all expenses paid. With a turn of events, he found a woman who shares the same name, and will be joining him. Very cool story.
1. NYPD Officers Killed - There is not much to add to this story other than the obvious - disheartening and heartbreaking. This stuff needs to end.
2. Sony Hack/"The Ineterview" - I don't agree with Hollywood pulling the movie as it gives credit to those who threaten our way of living. However, I can't believe that this film, which looks awful from the trailer, is worth/causing all of this international trouble.
3. Facebook Warriors - This gets the final nod this week as many who have opinions are again at it strongly regarding the latest issues. Just a bit confusing as many went from one end of the extreme on the Ferguson/Eric Garner situations to now the other end with the recent tragic news. Are posting true feelings and thoughts for social progression, or simply status' to garner "likes" and social media approval?