1. Health Care Workers - I know we've moved away from this because we thoughts on the current pandemic seem to be waning in urgency, but we're throwing ALL health officials back into the tops spot this week. With extreme surges in Florida and Texas and various rural areas throughout the country in small hospitals, there are plenty of health care workers tirelessly offering their services to save lives.
Yes, lives that didn't have to be in peril...but that's another discussion.
2. CM Punk (and Pro Wrestling) - How cool is the pro wrestling scene right now? CM Punk's return to pro wrestling (of course!) was the crowning moment as it was just so cool. The kind of moment every wrestling fan loves. This weekend we were given so much of that awesomeness in the industry with so many shows and offerings. Enjoy it all pro wrestling fans!3. Pfizer FDA Approval - A big moment that adds serious legitimacy to the vaccination arena. I'm just not sure this changes ANYTHING. But hey, it's legit.
1. Afghanistan - This entire situation continues to be a mess, and we haven't even gotten to the refugee discussion that will surely be intense. For me, it was the video of a parent handing their baby to a US soldier in hopes of providing a better life for the newborn.
Ugh...prayers up for everyone in Afghanistan.
2. Extreme Weather - From Greenland experiencing rain for the first time EVER, to continued droughts, mudslides, and all sorts of extreme weather throughout the world, this topic gets another "down" for the second week in a row.
3. Haiti Earthquake Aftermath - Continued mess on the island. All the blessings up to everyone in the aftermath of the Haiti Earthquake.
1. Growing Numbers of Multiracial Individuals - The numbers coming out of the 2020 census continue to be so fascinating. The latest, the growing sector of multi-racial individuals living in the United States. Are these new identifiers? Or simply people who have never had the box available? REgardless, the changing landscape of this country is here - or has been here.
Afghan people trying to flee Afghanistan climb atop a plane as they wait at the airport in Kabul on August 16, 2021
Wakil Kohsar / AFP / Getty