1. Grace Callwood - This little girl has not only beaten cancer at the age of nine, but is now using her faith to take on Homelessness. A great story, and one that makes you realize there is so much more to life.
2. Hannah Storm - Bravo to Hannah Storm for taking on the mighty NFL in her monologue. Especially as an ESPN employee (as we know the company not only adores, but is contracted to the league), Storm said exactly what NEEDED to be said. Again, bravo to her.
3. "Beauty" in 18 Countries Experiment - After Esther Honig pulled off the original concept, Priscilla Yuki Wilson, a bi-racial woman did the same in sending her photos to eighteen different countries asking them to make her beautiful. Wilson received some interesting results that truly makes you ponder about each of our perceptions of "beautiful".
1. (Another) ISIS Beheading - Unfortunately, the evil that is ISIS released another video of a beheading, this time of British Aid Worker, David Cawthorne Haines. Even worse is the disgusting group is now recruiting females on our soil.
2. Danielle Watts Arrested - Nothing like being arrested for kissing your significant other, huh? Those LAPD officers who arrested Danielle Watts and assuming she was a prostitute should be ashamed of what they did. Apparently any white man with a black woman has to be a prostitution situation, right? Our foundation in race relations in regards to police authority has really taken a hit this year.
3. NFL - What can I say? The NFL did this to themselves. As I said earlier this week (When You're King Like the NFL, You Rule and Pardoned), the NFL has embraced this culture and operated with arrogance because of their unmatched success. This week, the shield took quite the hit with some disheartening stories by their players.
1. Obama's ISIS Plan - President Obama's plan to curb ISIS revealed this Wednesday was interesting. Firm, but very much still holding Iraq and Syria with the duties of defending themselves. I'm truly up in the air about this plan. Let's just put this ISIS thing to bed.