Remember Jock Jams? Oh, come on! I know you do! Regardless, all sports fans enjoy the feel of a live sporting event, especially that of the tunes that fills the void that drives, directs, and synchronizes our mood with the feeling on the playing field at the moment. We all have our favorites. Whether it gets you pumped, focused, energized, psyched, or however else you feel when your adrenaline kicks in, these songs are the life blood of sporting events. The following Pondering 10 is a list of my favorite stadium jams.
10. "Final Countdown" By Europe - This song is tremendous. The idea of a simple beat with a hook that caps off generic lyrics by yelling, "it's the final countdown!" makes for a great sound during an event.
9. "Lose Yourself" By Eminem - Eminem really had a hit here. This song can motivate you do just about anything. Heck, I listened to it get me in the zone for debates when I was my college debate team. College debates! Just gotta lose yourself.
8. "Seven Nation Army" By The White Stripes - Great bass play. And yes, you must love the opening. Just awesome.
7. "Song 2" By Blur - Wooohoo! Yelling that and nodding your head is inevitable when this song is playing.
6. "Sirius" By Alan Parsons Project - Even this Knicks fan will admit, I still say in my head, "Annnnnnnd at guard, six foot-six inches, from North Carolina..." Yeah you know, that guy. Yeah, him.
5. "We Will Rock You" By Queen - A classic, but always does the trick.
4. "We Are The Champions By Queen - I'm convinced Queen makes more money on royalties than they did when they actually were producing music. Nonetheless, what fan doesn't like this song? Usually, when it's played, it's for the ultimate reason.
3. "Hey Song" - In a perfect world, I would have this song blare in my house as soon as I get up and get ready for the day.
2. "Machine Head" By Bush - I love this song. My go to song before college debates. This song gets me through extra miles, sets, and reps at the gym. And usually when it's played inside of a sports arena, it gets me going. Especially, when performed by a band.
1. "Enter Sandman" By Metallica - The best. I hear it now, and it makes me a bit sad because my main guy, Mariano Rivera is no longer running out of the bullpen. Regardless, still a great song. Still gets me pumped.