After a few fun editions of the Would You Rather series that focused on the NBA, I take a swing (ah ha!) at some questions geared toward Major League Baseball. Enjoy!
171. Would you rather have Tatis, Soto, or Acuna for the next ten years?
This might be one of the easiest questions in this entire ordeal. Why? Because this is a can't lose!! Regardless, while I love Acuna (major save-face preface) and Soto is unreal (another one), I'm going with Fernando Tatis Jr., the coolest player in baseball at the publishing of this post.
172. Would rather have Beiber, Cole, or deGrom pitch a must-win game?
deGrom then. deGrom now. deGrom forever.
Miss me with the hate if you think I should go with Cole as a Yankees fan.173. Would you rather have the duo of Freeman and Acuna, Betts and Bellinger, or Trout and Rendon?
Oooooooooh, now this is a VERY tough question! I typically go Trout-anything because well, he's Mike Trout. However, I'm going with Freeman and Acuna. Without diving into numbers while giving my instant reaction (party of the essence of this series, no?), I think they're the best combo of the bunch. Freeman never gets love.
174. Would you rather Shohei the pitcher or Shohei the hitter?
Both. The dude is a human video game create-a-player. I just appreciate all of it.
But seriously, I'll go with Shohei the hitter.
175. Would you rather throw a no-hitter or hit 4-home runs in a game?
Early 20s me as a pitcher would say, easily, the no-hitter.
Late 30s me as a softball player says, no noubt, the 4-home run game.
In my heart of hearts - give me the no-no.
176. Would you rather be a yearly post-season contender with a chance to win it all, or a guaranteed one-time World Series winner and no post-season appearances for the next ten years?
You always need to put yourself in a position to win. That's sports. You can also grab multiple depending on what breaks right for you.
177. Would you rather throw a no-hitter in your hometown or home ballpark?
My only NCAA win came on the ground of Brooklyn, NY - my hometown. That was cool. That felt extra special. Give me the hometown no-no.
178. Would you rather more offense in the game or more pitching?
Can I say more action, overall?
But for the sake of the question - more offense (not necessarily of the home run kind).
179. Would you rather see the Athletics or Rays relocate?
Ugh - I don't want to relocate either out of the area.
First, please don't rip the A's away from Oakland! They've already lost the Warriors (across the bay to San Francisco), the Raiders (to Las Vegas) and in some stretches, the 49ers, who moved down to San Jose.
Keep the A's in Oakland in a new building.
And here's my answer, relocate the Rays to Ybor City (still in Tampa). Get Tampa out of St. Petersburg and the hell that is traffic to that location.
180. Would you rather hit a walk-off home run or end the game striking out the hitter looking?
Early 20s me that came out of the bullpen - I want to end the game striking out the hitter.
Late 30s me wants the walk-off softball hit.
Deep down, yeaaaaahhhhh...I want the strikeout.