1. July 4th Weekend - I love summer, this blessed nation, and barbecues. July 4th simply puts those all together for a really awesome time.
2. Andy Murray - Winning Wimbledon is a big deal. Ending a 77 year drought for the Brits claiming the mid-summer major - historic.
3. Bruce Bochy - Kudos to you on not caving into the pressure of adding Yasiel Puig to the National League All-Star team. Allowing the fans to vote him is the right decision. There are too many guys who are well deserving to have their spot taken by Puig.
1. Asiana Boeing 777 Crash in San Francisco - Plane crashes are never good, and always serious business. But when you hear stories of the pilot not logging enough hours to properly operate the plane, it makes you really worry about traveling. Really, it simply makes you think about how sudden your life could be over.
2. Anderson Silva - Dude, you got exactly what you deserved. Showboating is flashy and impressive when it you pull it off, but if you get knocked out while doing it, then that's just embarrassing. Still boggles my mind how you come into a title match and pull a stunt like that. Stupid.
3. Los Angeles Lakers - For being desperate and caving in on your integrity with billboards all over Los Angeles, tweets with #stayD12, and pretty much fawning over the needy demands of Dwight Howard. I'm no Lakers fan, but even I understand the purple and gold sells itself. Lost a lot of respect for the Lakers, and some of their fans that hopelessly wanted Dwight Howard to stay, just to suddenly turn vile once he didn't. You're all better than that.
1. Joey Chestnut - Because I'm not sure whether eating 69 hot dogs is impressive, or just downright disgusting. Only in America...