1. Stuart Scott ESPY's Speech - By far the best thing to come of he ESPY's was learning more of Scott's battle with cancer, the depth of it, and most importantly, his attitude towards life and his fight with the horrific illness. The best part in my eyes was this very quote - "When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, while you live and the manner in which you live."
2. Mesut Ozil - Kudos to the German World Cup champion who has agreed to pay for the surgeries of 23 children in Brazil. What a gesture, especially for those families. Makes you wonder what exactly do much wealthier athletes do with their funds?
3. FOX Sports - What an effort put forward by the FOX broadcast crew in presenting the MLB All-Star game. From the production, video packages, interviews, coverage, and overall presentation, it was vastly improved over previous years, and very impressive.
1. MH17 - What is there it say? Especially when flight MH370 is still out there somewhere. This situation is devastating. 270 bodies gone. So, so, so sad.
2. Gaza-Israel Conflict - You just knew this situation would flare up and it has begun. The situation between Israel and Palestine is now resorting to deadly measures and is very much a cause for concern.
3. ISIS Rampage - The ISIS invasion in Iraq continues as minorities and Christians have been warned to either convert, pay extremely high taxes, be sentenced to death, or leave. All of the U.S. efforts in years passed is now very much in jeopardy, if not, already gone.
And because the world has been super wicked as of late...
4. Chicago - Another bloody weekend. When will the violence stop?