1. South Carolinian Officer, Leroy Smith - At the top of the hill this week is this story that just exemplifies the kind of man Leroy Smith is. A South Carolinian officer, and also a black man, Smith helped a white supremacist protester bearing a swastika on his t-shirt after he suffered from heat exhaustion. I have to say, that is very honorable and the type of unconditional kindness that can break racism.
2. Ronda Rousey - Yup, she's pretty bad ass already. But her saying the following statement, "I wonder how Flloyd feels being beat by a woman for once". Ouch. But good one! And then she followed it up with this, "I'd like him to pretend to not know who I am now". Well played, Ronda. Well freakin' played. I was already a fan, but now even more so of Rousey following her statement at the ESPYs. By the way, what joke of a "sports award" show. Just my opinion...
3. Basketball Physics - I'm an exercise science junky. I have a degree in it, and I love that side of sports. So yes, when I read this article, I had to share with you all, and of course, I consider it an "up".
1. Four Marines Killed - Our world is becoming more and more evil. I truly believe that. When we look at ISIS, we tend to think of that happening on the other side of the world, when in actuality, the group is recruiting and influencing domestic terrorism right here on our land. My thoughts and prayers to the friends and families of those fallen military men.
2. Sandra Bland - I really hope the story of Sandra Bland doesn't become a typical flash in the pan social media movement that trends and then is forgotten about this coming week. Something is very much wrong in this situation. Very, very wrong.
3. Serena Williams Body Shaming - The New York Times is one of the few publications I read and still very much respect. However, their recent article on being ridiculous, and very much racist as well, about her body type was uncalled for. "Body-shaming" was a nice way to put it. The outlook by Ben Rothenberg was dumb, and the NYTimes should very well know better.