1. Golden State Warriors - One would think there would be a hangover from winning the championship last year, right? Nope. These fellas, led by Steph Curry, have been destroying everyone on their way to a record tying 15-0 start. The Warriors play the Lakers tomorrow night, and most likely will stand alone for best start in NBA history.
2. Racial Discussions - I spoke briefly about the racial discussion we had at the University I work at (as well as my opinions), and it seems the same is happening not only across the country on college campuses, but in other platforms and venues as well. I just hope the discussions are productive and lead to better understanding and living for all, not just one group.
3. Kristaps Porzingis - My main man, Kristaps! It's still early, but it is so refreshing and exciting for us Knicks fans to have a rookie who seems promising and legit. Oh yeah, by the way, the team is playing well too!
1. Terrorism - Ugh. As great as the things above were, nothing dominated this week like this issue right here. It weighed heavily on me all week reading the news, seeing images, and taking in the constant updates from around the world. Paris, Nigeria...just everywhere. No attack more important than the other. I absolutely hate this stuff.
2. Muslim Racism/Discrimination - It's a shame to see how Muslim people and those of Middle Eastern decent are now being discriminated against because of the heavy-terrorism attacks this week. If terrorism wasn't awful enough, we're all compounding the problem with further nonsense.
3. Social Media Politicians - Just like last week, this one makes the "down" list again. I am pretty tired of those using these attacks to further their agendas. So many people have the answers to share with friends or to make their points with memes, but so few really take action to make this world a better place.