1. Election Process - I've already said my piece on the election (See here). However, the democratic process on display this past Tuesday should be applauded, especially those in this country who let their voices known that they wanted change within our government. However, you feel, this was done, and this is a silent majority we did not expect.
2. Van Jones - I've always been a fan of Van Jones as I like his neutral stance regarding the top two political parties, and his constant empathy and feel for those within everyday communities. His response on CNN to a select few arrogant Trump voters on election night, as well as other poignant remarks were welcoming amid an annoying CNN panel on election night.
3. Conor McGregor - Two championships in two different weight classes? Never been done before? Only McGregor does it. And he did it in the first UFC fight at Madison Square Garden - his style.
1. Election Reaction (Some) - The racist actions and remarks following election day are downright scary and utterly ridiculous. This spans on both sides from empowered white individuals spewing and lambasting their oppressive ways to the videos of black teens beating a white man who they presumed to be a Trump voter. Again, as stated in my election reaction post, this divide is going to take some serious healing.
2. Nick Sabin - I already have little respect for college football coaches at powerhouse schools who make ridiculous amounts of money. Sabin now takes the cake. Claiming he was "too busy" to know it was election day was the dumbest thing all year. And yes, he's up for the DP Idiot of the year Award. Way to teach your student-athletes about the democratic process. Because football is the most important thing...Ugh.
3. "Exaggerated Fears" - The final down goes to the people who are claiming that the fears of some within this country are exaggerated with the reality of President-elect Trump. As always, only those who have or enjoy privilege are making these claims. It's sad to see, but it's the reality of this country.
1. Non-Voters - Gotta love the "I didn't vote because my vote didn't matter" people who are now complaining. Sorry, you missed your chance to have that right to complain. Don't skip the process, then look to want change.