1. MLB LCS Pitching - Even without my beloved Yankees, I knew the MLB playoffs would be spectacular this year. So far, it has been. However, the pitching performances we have seen in both League Championship series have been ultra phenomenal. It's been must see television.
2. Bob Costas - I don't always agree with Costas who at times seems a bit outdated on some of his takes when it comes to sports, especially baseball. However, his recent words regarding the controversy surrounding the "Redskins" name was well done. Also, kudos to him for taking a stand on an issue many reporters in the sport's field have been shying away from.
3. Boston Sports - As a native New Yorker this hurts me to place at number three, but on a day that the Patriots come back to win on a beautiful pass by Tom Brady and the Red Sox score five runs in two innings that included a dramatic David Ortiz grand slam home run, it deserves the spot. All of New England must be sleeping well very happily tonight.
1. Government Shut Down - It's hard to have faith in a government that believes this is the best route to helping and fixing our country's issues.
2. Death of Adrian Peterson's Child - I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to lose a child. For NFL star, Adrian Peterson, to lose his child via beating from the mother's boyfriend is horrific. What in the world could a two year old do to cause you to do something like that? How could you even do that to a two year old? Some people are just sick.
3. Giants Fans - I said my peace this week (To Giants Fans: Shut Up and Appreciate Manning) when it came to Giants fans. I know the rough season has worn on them a bit, but the over-the-top blame on Eli Manning is ridiculous.