1. Michael Wacha and Shane Victorino - Both came up big this week in series-clinching games for their respective teams. Wacha, out-dueling the great Clayton Kershaw, and Victorino with a game-winning grand slam. Both teams are set to face off against one another in this year's World Series.
2. Calvin Johnson - His catch today is just insane. Megatron is a beast.
3. Indianapolis, Indiana - Rounding out the sports-themed "Ups" this week is the ovation that Indy gave to Peyton Manning. Manning, who gave so much to the franchise, returned to a heroes welcome. A return that was fitting, and one that many other fanbases could learn from.
1. 30M Slaves Worldwide - The report that there is (still!) almost thirty million people world wide who are slaves is alarming and disheartening. Sometimes we connect slavery to the distant pass, but in reality, it is still something still relevant in our world.
2. Shoplifter Caught with Dead Baby - It's an unbelievable story. A would-be shoplifter who was caught by security ended up finding a dead baby's fetus in one of the suspect's bags. What in the world is wrong with this generation?
3. Florida Prison Escape - The idea that a Florida prison accepted false documents allowing the release of two murderers is ridiculous and HUGE red flag. The thought that they were released so easily, is just mind-numbing. Although, good job by Florida authorities on capturing these men.