1. Brittany Maynard - Some find this cruel to be the top "Up" of the week, but I find tremendous courage in Maynard's decision to end her life on her terms in what is/was a terrible situation. God has a plan for us all, and only Maynard can truly determine that very relationship and guidance in making that decision. I applaud her note on Facebook, and her courage to maximize her experiences before calling it a life.
2. Lauren Hill - If the week couldn't be any more sad with these stories, how could you not be inspired by Lauren Hill who is terminally ill and recently lived out her dream in playing basketball at the collegiate level. Also, a minor hit to the NCAA for waiving the rule and allowing the game to be moved up for this event. Just inspirational and courageous stuff all around.
3. Madison Bumgarner - Not only has this dude been amazing, but this week he pulled off the greatest championship performance I've ever seen to win another World Series at the age of 25.
1. Halloween Hanging Display - People still do this sort of stuff? Jees, I know racism still exists, but come on, man, it's 2014. So sad.
2. Maryland Football Captains - Refusing to shake hands? That's crazy. Where is the class there? Where are the coaches to deem that unacceptable in representing the program? Ridiculous.
3. New York Jets - Do I even need to explain?